Thursday, June 10, 2010

Preparing for Saturday - Skylines ART Mart

I have to say, I'm not really sure what to expect for the Art Mart this Saturday. I am in the process of trying to print out some greeting cards and small prints to sell there.

With things as they are, I know buying art is pretty much the last thing on anyone's mind. I just love doing it (creating art), and can't stop. So I keep on trying.

I am excited about the "Meditation Mini's" I will have ready. I plan to spend this afternoon painting my heart out as I listen to music for inspiration and dig deep into my texture medium. Do I feel like wild'n'crazy colors, or am I in the mood for soft and subtle. I'll find out when I get started.

It's interesting that having a deadline does inspire me to create more. I guess we are all procrastinators. Why is it we put off doing the things we love? For me, it goes back to a lot of old training from my early years.
"You can't go play until your room is clean"! How many times did I hear that?

Anything fun must be put off until all the chores are complete or so that voice in my head tells me. Are they ever all done? Not in my house...

So I have to give myself permission to do what I love. How crazy is that?
Oh well. I'll have my fun this afternoon. (after my chores are done). HA
I'll try to get some pictures up. I want to get them on the website.
Or MAYBE, all of them will sell this Saturday, and I'll just have to do more & more! Yes, I'm sure that's what will happen.

See ya' Saturday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment