Thursday, August 6, 2009

A new ERA - blogging my thoughts

I had started a blog about 5 years ago, and allowed it to die a slow death. So here I go again, all fresh and new. As for what's going on in my art world today, I can't say I am in the midst of a great creation. Or maybe I am.
Cleaning my studio takes all my creative energies to find new improved ways to store the multitude of tools, papers, and art supplies. My studio gets to this point where everything gets blocked until I can dig through the clutter to find my creative energy once more. I am finally at the stage where I can see surfaces again. I am excited about getting the next painting started. I can't allow that until I feel good about my space again. In my defense, I just finished a large series of textured paintings that are now at Sunflower Studio in Wake Forest, and will be making the rounds in the Triangle area. I made quite a mess in my creative frenzy as I have spent many hours locked in my studio, stepping into dripping paint and throwing stuff wherever it landed.

That's no excuse to let my energy get stagnant. So today I clean. Tomorrow I get inspired and begin creating again.

No comments:

Post a Comment