Thursday, April 29, 2010

I DID IT!!!!

For someone so technologically(is that a word) challenged, I can't believe I finally completed my website and was able to point to old one to the new one. I guess for many people out there, that's a pretty (yawn) boring accomplishment, but it wasn't that long ago that I didn't even know how to do email. Computers terrified me.

Now I realize they are just a tool, and for an artist, one that is hugely important to getting my work out there. I'm learning and trying to keep up with what's popular this week. So I blog, I twitter (not much), I Facebook, and post notices on anything and everything. I think the final frontier for me is to begin to market to a target audience about my meditation art and my expressive art classes. That's really where I want to go with it.

Now I believe the foundation is there and the sky's the limit as far as where I can go. I feel so accomplished, and I'm doing it myself! For a long time I thought the way to go was riding on someone else's shirtails, but I realize I can only be happy doing it the way I want to do it.

So I am following my dreams and things are beginning to happen. I feel a little like Dorothy in the last scene of the Wizard of Oz. Now I know I have had the power all along. I just needed to find it in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment